[vc_row full_content_width=”row-inner-full” top=”18px” bottom=”18px” bg_color=”#000000″][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row bottom=”30px” el_class=”contact-head”][vc_column][vc_heading title=”E-Waste Program” title_tag=”h1″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row top=”0px”][vc_column][vc_column_text]E-waste: A concern, an opportunity
Electronic waste (e-waste) is a rising concern. An estimated quantity of 20 – 50 million tonnes of e-waste is generated worldwide each year. A lot of it is reusable and recyclable, if only it were channelized properly. And a lot of it is hazardous, unless disposed properly.
As citizens of the world, you and I have a responsibility to help deal with this.
With virgin resources of raw materials facing rapid depletion, e-waste can actually turn into an alternate source. For that, we need to have a system in place for recycling.
The mission of SANYO is to become the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by year 2018. We will conduct our business activities under the idea of “Eco & Smart Solutions” through accumulating customer value creation.
SANYO: The environment’s best friend
Worldwide, we are committed to:
• Live in harmony with the environment and strive to achieve zero emission across all business activities.
• Develop and improve preventive measures and compliance with law, and promote continuous implementation.
• Effectively use and conserve natural resources to realize a recycling based society
• Build a closed and cooperative relationship with society.
Our responsibility towards e-waste recycling
At SANYO we understand that our responsibility doesn’t end at selling you our products. Under our global policy as well the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), called E-waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011, which cames into effect from 1st May 2012,
• SANYO will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products.
• SANYO will comply with all the applicable laws related to e-waste management
What can be recycled?
• Office e-waste
o Telephones (all types)
o Electrical and electronic typewriters
o Fax machines
o Printers, including cartridges
o Copying equipment
o User terminals and systems
o Notebook and notepad computers
• E-waste generated from service and repair of products of Panasonic India
• The End-of-Life (EOL) products—Panasonic India products those that have run out their utility to us — received from the consumers
o Air conditioners excluding centralized air conditioning plants
o Washing machines
o TV sets based on CRT, LCD, LED technology
How it works
Each Panasonic product in India comes with a product information booklet. This carries instructions on how to dispose the product when it reaches the end of its life.
Look for the Wheelie Bin logo and the instructions (which are included in English as well as Hindi) as shown below:
For the purpose of recycling to facilitate effective utilization of resources, please return this product to a nearby authorized Collection Centre, registered Dismantler or Recycler, or Panasonic Service Centre when disposing of this product.
What the Wheelie Bin symbol means: The symbol says don’t dispose your e-waste into the municipal waste collection bins. That’s because these wastes are hazardous in nature and need to be recycled in a special way.
How to dispose a product
Carry it to the nearest collection point listed below
Call the Toll Free Number: 1 800 419 5088
1. Products offered for recycling are not eligible for Exchange Offers
2. The service for recycling End-of-Life (EOL) Products can be availed by consumers for SANYO branded products
3. SANYO reserves the right to modify / change any part of the ‘E-waste’ Program’ at any time at its sole discretion.
4. All disputes related to or arising out of this program are subject to jurisdiction of the competent courts in Delhi only.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row top=”0px” el_class=”ewaste-india”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
For India only
Declaration or Conformity with the requirements of the e-waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011 (adopted by Notification S.O.1035(E) of Ministry of Environment and Forests)
The Product is in conformity with the requirements of Rule 13 of the e-waste Rules. The content of hazardous substance with the exemption of the applications listed in SCHEDULE II of the e-waste
1. Lead (Pb) – not over 0.1% by weight;
2. Cadmium (Cd) – not over 0.1% by weight;
3. Mercury (Hg) – not over 0.1% by weight;
4. Hexavalent chromium (Cr6+) – not over 0.1% by weight;
5. Polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) – not over 0.1%by weight;
6. Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) – not over 0.1% by weight.
Sanyo Toll Free No. 1 800 419 5088